Gîtes de Pêche
- Holiday Licences are available locally and can be arranged by the your hosts.
- The onsite Lake has been stocked with fish for Sport Fishing.
- A 'vivier' or holding tank is available for your catch.
- Frequently caught are Chub, Roach, Bream and Trout.
- A detailed report, from a former member of the Irish Fishing Team, can be e-mailed on request.
- This report concludes with: "A charming location with reasonable fishing that any competant angler will find very rewarding".
On site Activities
- Boating - a canadian canoe, kayak and a small punt are available for river excursions (Life jackets are provided). In the area of Le Moulin, the Charente splits into many channels, with lots of islands to explore. Canoe passes allow access far downstream, we can give directions and are happy to collect you at the end of your trip.
- Swimming can be enjoyed in the safe, clear waters of the Charente and the ancient Lavoir makes a fascinating paddling pool.
- Borrow a bicycle to explore the beautiful country roads (please bring your own helmets).
The Moulin is situated in the heart of the Cognac producing region and is a perfect base for relaxing and exploring.
The area is best seen along the extensive network of marked walking and cycling routes, through beautiful villages and countryside.
- The restored Gallo-Roman amphitheatre at Les Bouchauds (4kms)
- The abbeys of St. Amant-de-Boixe (7 kms) and Marcillac-Lanville (4 kms)
- Cognac (32 kms) where you can tour the houses of Hennessy Cognac, Rémy Martin Cognac and Otard Cognac. Or explore this beautiful old town, visit a museum or take a scenic trip down the river.
- Jarnac (23 kms) is a picturesque town, home to the renowned Courvoisier Cognac and birthplace of former French President François Mitterand. With a wonderful park by the river hours can be spent exploring or relaxing with a picnic. Jarnac is also home to many canoe enthusiasts with it's canoe passes and slalom courses.
- Zoodyssee located in the forest of Chize, near Villiers-en-Bois (50 kms) is one of Europes largest animal parks. Over 600 animals, including otters, wolves, vultures, cicadas, tree frogs and wildcats can been seen as you explore on foot or by horse-drawen carriage. There is also a farm and adventure playground for children.
- Les Antilles de Jonzac (56 kms) is a large adventure water park, with cascades, slides, geysers and wavepools.
- Also in the locality is the beautiful old town of Angoulême (25 kms). Further afield we have La Rochelle and the Iles de Oleron and Ré and Bordeaux with it's world renowned wines and UNESCO World Heritage Site city centre.